An emergency kit consists of basic tools, and supplies, prepared in advance, and used as an aid for survival, in the event of an emergency. Due to their importance, most vehicles have emergency kits, which have been factory installed. Common tools which many vehicles have included:
A flat head screwdriver, or a Phillips head screwdriver,will be included in the kit, and these screwdriver's differ, due to the shape of their head. A screwdriver, which uses "bits" is a valuable tool for an emergency kit. This allows the driver to have a larger variety of screwdriver heads, without taking up valuable space in the vehicle.
Wrenches are typically the most common tools used for auto repair. Most wrenches are available in both standard (SAE or Society of Automotive Engineers), and metric measurements. Most vehicles sold in the United States have both SAE, and metric nuts, and bolts. One socket wrench with a ratchet handle is included, however, it is recommended to have two, or more, different sizes.
Combination slip-joint pliers are recommended to have in an emergency kit, however, may not be factory installed. This general all purpose tool can be adjusted to several widths, by operating its sliding pin.
Tire pressure gauges are recommended to have in an emergency kit, however, may not be factory installed. Proper tire pressure ensures, tire safety, and efficient fuel economy.
There are several types of booster, or jumper cables, available. The same measurement is used to measure a jumper cable's thickness, as is used, to measure other wire or cable. The purpose of a jumper cable is, to transmit power from a live battery, located in a vehicle, to a dead battery, located in another vehicle, allowing the vehicle with the dead battery, to be started. Thick cables transmit more electrical current, than thin ones. The standard measurement for the width of an electrical wire, is AWG (American Wire Gauge), 0 being the largest, and 40 being the smallest.
First aid kits may be assembled at home in many types of containers, or may be purchased in pre- assembled kits. Standard kits are typically available in durable plastic boxes, or in a fabric pouch. It is recommended that emergency kits are stored in a clean, waterproof, container in order to keep its contents undamaged. It is recommended that emergency kits be checked regularly, and any items which are damaged, or expired, be replaced. Common items stored in emergency kits include, adhesive bandages, regular strength pain medication, gauze, and low grade disinfectant.
Who Makes This
- 3 Piece Safety Triangle Kit
- 1 Piece Safety Triangle
- 12V 150 PSI Digital Air Compressor
- 12V 250 PSI Air Compressor
- 12V 300 PSI 3-In-1 Air Compressor
- 12V Wet/Dry Car Vacuum
- Accutire Excursion Road & Emergency Kit (MS-4032)
- Accutire Compact Compressor (MS-5530)
- Accutire 12 Volt Compressor (MS-5540)
- Accutire Auto Shut Off Compressor (MS-5550)
- BodyGard Personal Alarm & LED
- BodyGard ESC 5-in-1 Auto Emergency Device
- BodyGard PTX 3-in-1 Auto Emergency Device
- BodyGard Purse Light & Alarm
- BodyGard Platinum XL7 Emergency Device
- BodyGard Survivor 12-1 Emergency Companion
- Key Ring Multi Tool 7-in-1 with LED
- Smart Clip Ultra Multi Tool LED & Personal Care
- Hunting-Fishing 7-in-1 Multi Tool with LED
- 5-in-1 Multi Tool with Solar LED Flashlight
- Micro-Ratchet Tool 7-in-1 with LED
- Transformer 6-in-1 Key Ring Screwdriver Set
- BodyGard Tire Safety Tool & LED
- Auto 12V Rechargeable Flashlight
- USB Rechargeable Flashlight
- 12V USB Adapter
- 12V Dual Adapter
- Micro-Max 19-in-1 Multi Tool
- Utili-Key 6-in-1 Multi Tool
- Screwz All 4-in-1 Screwdriver Set
- Dog Leash Light
- Talking Dog Collar
- Pet Light Set (Collar & Leash Light) White
- Hanging Motion Sensor Light
- Mobile Tech Touch Screen Cleaner & LED
- LED Pocket Flashlight
- Mobile Tech 4-1 LED/Smart Phone Stand & Clear